High Court Pushes Besigye Bail Hearing to April
The Highcourt has fixed the 11th of April 2025 to rule on the bail application filed by 4 time presidential candidate Rt. Dr. Kiiza Besigye and his political aide Hajji Obeid Lutale Kamulegeya.
The ruling date has been announced by Justice Rosette Kania after ordering that Beisgye’s and state lawyers each files their respective submissions by 31st March .
Justice Kania had fixed the bail application to be heard today but the state through Richard Birivumbuka and Joseph Kyomuhendo expressed their unreadiness to respond to the bail application today on grounds that they had only been served 2 days ago with affidavits that raise serious matters they need to rebut.
Birivumbuka and Kyomuhendo had earlier asked to be given 2 weeks to prepare well to represent the interests of the state but justice Kania found that time enormous and instead ordered that they file thier response by Wednesday next week .
However she ordered that the applicants go ahead to present their respective sureties who include Besigye’s friends and legislators Ibrahim Ssemujju Nganda, the Kira Municipality MP, Muhindo Tonny Bukonzo East County represantive, Francis Mwijukye, MP Buhweju County and Nicholas Kamara the kabaale Municipality legislator.
Court has further heard that Hajji Obeid Lutale has his wife Halima Nagitta, his brother Ssewankabo Hamza and his daughter Nanfuka Zura as his sureties.
All the sureties have been notified of their responsibilities by court including ensuring that the applicants if granted bail should return to court and also be ready to forfeit their bail bonds or be sentenced to civil prison if Dr. Besigye and Hajji Lutale abscond.
The 2 men have been in prison since 16th November 2023 and are now charged with Treason where the prosecution alleges that they connived with a UPDF captain Dennis Oola to overthrow the government of UGANDA.
The pair has been returned to jail as their lawyers proceed to Nakawa court to hear an application on with the state seeks to have access to thier mobile phones .
Kyagulanyi Says Over 400 NUP Supporters Detained Since Campaigns Began
ICC Says it Receives Available Intel on Fugitive Warlord Kony
Court Issues Criminal Summons Against Ex PS Geraldine Ssali
Bryan White Remanded on Multiple Charges including Human Sacrifice
Mufumbiro Denied Bail
Court Issues Criminal Summons Against Ex PS Geraldine Ssali
The Anti-Corruption Division of the High Court has issued criminal summons against the for…
Now On Air – 88.2 Sanyu Fm
Get Hooked Right Here
DON'T MISS!!!
Kyagulanyi Says Over 400 NUP Supporters Detained Since Campaigns Began
National Unity Platform (NUP) President Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu says more than 400 party supporters are currently in police and prison custody since the presidential campaigns began in late September 2025.




















