1.1 We are a privately owned Ugandan Radio, a Kampala-registered company (“Sanyu FM (2000) LTD”, “we”, “us” or “our”). References to “you”, “your” and “yours” are references to you, the person(s) accessing any of this website, applications, or other media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, and collectively, the “Sites”).
2.1 We may gather two types of information about you from a Site:
a. Personal information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services offered by us such as (but not limited to) your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, date of birth, gender and nationality (“Personal Information”); and
b. Aggregate information generated by our systems, which track traffic to our Site but do not relate to you personally.
2.2 Your failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
2.3 By providing us with this Personal Information to us you acknowledge and agree that the information you provide is not secret.
3. Disclosure of Information
3.1 We may disclose:
- Any information that we gather about you to third parties for the purposes of providing you with additional services;
- Aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you to third parties;
- Your personal information to third parties, when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law; and
- Your personal information to third parties, provided we have your prior consent, which may be obtained at the time of collecting the information from you.
3.2 We will not share your Personal Information with any third party (other than Sanyu FM (2000) LTD affiliates) unless you have provided your express consent. We maintain strict security standards and procedures with a view to preventing unauthorized access to your data by anyone, including our staff.
3.3 We will not transfer your Personal Information outside of Uganda without your express consent to do so.
4.1 We may use your Personal Information:
- To verify your identity and assist you if you forget your password or login details for our site;
- To assist in providing the services requested by you;
- To provide further information to you about other sites and services or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- For future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- For ensuring that you are shown the information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and
- For any other use for which you consent.
4.2 We will seek your consent if we wish to use your Personal Information for purposes other than those for which you have previously agreed.
4.3 Although we take all reasonable measures to prevent unlawful access to Personal Information, we do not represent that no third party will unlawfully access your Personal Information and we suggest that you take all necessary precautions against this.
5. Cookies and Tracking
5.1 We use a “cookie” file containing information that can identify details of your IP address, operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Mac O/S, Linux), browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, plus the version of the browser), domain (whether you are accessing the Site from Uganda or elsewhere) and other user information (e.g. your username).
5.2 We may use the information generated by cookies to:
- Track traffic patterns to and from a Site;
- Ensure any advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person; and
- Enable you to enter a Site and use certain services and to visit registered user-only areas of a Site.
6. Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners.
We are not responsible for the data collection practices, the privacy policies or the content of sites other than our Site, including any site which is accessible via a link from our site. You should contact the operators of those sites directly if you wish to enquire about their privacy policies and practices before providing your personal information to them.
7. Opting in and Opting Out
- opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
- opt in to agree to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to a Site, beta testing or promotional activities.
8. Holding, Correcting and Updating Information